Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Blue Mtns Knits Blog!

Welcome :)

Hi I’m Adelaide and this is my blog for my BlueMtns Knits shop. Here I plan to share my knitting passion, inspiration and behind the scenes of Blue Mtns Knits: Australian hand knits, knitting designs and kits. 

At Wentworth Falls wearing the Katoomba Slouchy Beanie and Scarf

But first a bit about me...

 For the last eight years I have worked in the Australian craft industry, helping customers, teaching and textile designing. With my passion still going strong I realised I wanted to get back to where I started. The hands on making, the working with yarn, the envisioning of what two needles and some strings of wool can create and most importantly connecting with other lovers of handmade craft. So Blue Mtns Knits was born J

Leura Cascades Look Out, Blue Mountains

Named after where I live in the Blue Mountains, Australia. Blue Mtns Knits embodies my beliefs of,


Australian produce 


Merino Sheep from a farm in Cowra NSW, Australia
All my knitted creations use 100% Australian wool. Australia has a proud heritage of quality wool produce and here at Blue Mtns Knits we embrace it. My designs are available in Australian New Wool: a traditional rugged rustic yarn that embodies the pioneer spirit or the beautiful Australian Merino: a high quality 19 micron this yarn captures your senses with its wonderfully soft and cosy touch.

 Thoughtful Design


Blackheath in the Winter Snow, Blue Mountains
 My knitting designs are inspired by both the beauty and the practical needs of the natural Blue Mountains landscape (especially in the cold chill of winter). With a modern aesthetic that ties in to our traditional wool heritage, these creations will be the ones you or your loved ones enjoy wearing this winter to keep yourselves warm, cosy and looking good ;-)  

Handmade from Me to You


Hand Knitting
All garments and accessories are crafted by hand and by me J. Being hand knitted, they have a life of their own. A unique body and rustic texture. And they are created with a deep felt love for knitting and wool that together makes every single piece special. 


Handmade by All


At Wentworth Falls wearing the Katoomba Slouchy Beanie, Scarf and Mittens. 
 I also believe in spreading the knitting love. With just the want, the will and the time to try, anyone can hand knit. The benefits are not just unique and amazing winter warmers but knitting’s relaxing rhythmic repetition has been medically linked with improving your health including reducing stress, enriching your memory and growing your dexterity.  If you want to start knitting I’ll be running a ‘Knit Starter’ series so stay tuned for more.  

I hope this blog inspires you to not only pick up those needles and have a go, but to appreciate Australian handmade knits. I’ll be posting twice a week and if you have any questions or comments I’d love to hear from you. You can keep up to date with Blue Mtns Knits on:




Thanks for joining me on this journey,

Adelaide

No comments:

Post a Comment